Which ceramic tap cartridge do i need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a leaky tap. here's the cartridge:

I went to B&Q and they had a bout 4 that were similar but not the same. They had 8mm, 9mm, and 10.5mm

I have no idea what I've got here or how to find a replacement.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I went to premior plumbing the other day with the old one in my pocket, matched it up got mugged £12 and went home happy.

Try a few small plumbers merchants

There are hundreds of different valves and when I am asked to replace one, my heart sinks. It helps if you know the make of the tap, then you can contact the manufacturer who will send one in the post. The other option is to see if there is a similar tap revival kit available.

Ceramic valves - one of the great cons of the modern world

Sponsored Links
The other site worth a look is the tap magician. If you search for that I'm sure you'll find it. Again you may need calipers or something to accurately measure all the dimensions but they have got me out of trouble a few times in the past.

I have seen the individual parts for sale on eBay to allow you to repair what you have. Don't know if this would be a good way to go, though.

andytw

Thanks for the replies.

Sounds like a nightmare. I don't think the taps are made any more.

I'll try some of those other options.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back