Which Cleaner To Use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have altered my fully pumped, open vented heating system to a sealed one because air was being drawn in down the cold feed pipe. This has led to corrosion and the system is producing hydrogen. I put Sentinel X400 in the system for a couple of days prior to changing and now have X100 in.
I have found that X400 should be in for up to four weeks or until circulation is restored. I have no problem with circulation and no cold spots. When the heating is running at high temperatures all is ok. When the CM67 operates and calls again, the hydrogen is pumped into the first rad from the loft then all is ok again until the next cycle and the same happens again. If the system is allowed to cool by the CM67, no hydrogen is produced.
Would a dose of X400 in for a month be sufficient OR would Sentinel Ferroquest do a better job of cleaning the pipes?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Did you cut copper pipes?
Bits of copper swarf got into radiators?
Well, give it a couple of weeks, maybe longer, and you may find some holes in the radiators.

Ferroquest is a flushit (that said "flush it" without the gap!) same day product developed for use with power flushers, There are lots of others. Fernox Heavy Duty is better than X400 in that it's faster but not aggressive. Fernox DS40 is good but a mild acid and needs neutralising. Then there's Kamco products which are all ok. See their web site

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back