WHICH CONCRETE BLOCKS TO USE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of putting my 12 x 8 ft shed on a base similar to this -

but instead of just having the 4 concrete blocks and 2 bearers , i will be using 3 8ft bearers and 9 concrete blocks .So it will be 3 rows spaced out evenly instead of 2 like in the picture with a concrete block at each end and also in the middle of the bearer.

I will dig out the nine holes add some hard core (that i have lying around) in and tamper it down then put in the blocks and get them level for the bearers to go on.I will be adding landscaping fabric to stop the weeds and some DPM between the blocks and bearers.This seems easier for me to get my uneven ground level.The base will just sit above ground level by about 2inch or so and gravel on top of weed fabric.

What would be the best and deepest blocks i can use to sit the shed on ? i am looking to keep costs down .

Sponsored Links
Anyone know which are the best blocks to use that will not deteriorate or crumble with the weight of the shed .. usually some blocks have a number don't they for strength ?

It would be better to forget the hardcore and use actual concrete cast in Then if you need to raise height use blocks. If you want to go ahead with your method use dense 7Newton blocks

I'm not an expert but dense concrete blocks should be fine. If I was building that I'd much prefer to use shuttering and pour in concrete as supports. Your real task is to get all of them exactly level.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back