which downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am re-decorating my bathroom and plan on changing the lights in there. At the moment I have mains downlighters with gu10 50w bulbs but they seem to give off a yellowish light and not a crisp white light which I would prefer, maybe its the shades that are on the downlighters?
Anyway can anyone recommend a decent dowlighter that gives off a nice crisp white light
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use LEDs - they are generally whiter anyway, but if you go for the daylight or cool white levels (look for a K number of 4000 or above) you should get the desired result.

pj

Use LEDs - they are generally whiter anyway

Will these require a low voltage fitting?

but if you go for the daylight or cool white levels (look for a K number of 4000 or above) you should get the desired result.

would this be on the bulb?

Sponsored Links
No, you can get GU10 LEDs so a straight swap with the ones you've got. Some lamps have the info printed on them but you should find it on the box/packet they come in. You'll fidn them in all the sheds like B&Q and Wickes, or try your local electrical wholesaler if they do retail as well as trade. Plenty of on-line sources but you never know what you're getting quality-wise.

pj

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back