Which excavator is best to level a small garden "hill&a

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One is a Nueson Mini Rubber Duck:
http://www.erento.co.uk/hire/constr...ger/3790124082.html?land_iso=UK&was=excavator
or a:

1.5T Compact Excavator:
http://www.erento.co.uk/ hire/construction-machines-building-site/plant/mini-digger/5225561289.html?land_iso=UK&was=excavator

The hill is about 1.60m and it sort of slopes upwards at "about" 160 degrees.
and then stops at the back wall.
any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

By the way this is the first time im using the erento website if anyone has any reviews to that would help a lot.

Sponsored Links
How about a picture of the hill to be levelled too?

Get the biggest machine you can fit in the access (within reason) the price is not a lot more but it will work much quicker and be more versatile in all but the tightest of spaces.

I've always wanted to try one of those out. Do they take much learning? Or can you get to grips with them on the first day?

Sponsored Links
General operation and digging is easy, the hardest thing is creating a level base to trenchs and flat areas.

For example removing 6 inches off an area in preperation for paving. Even that is not too hard but i always say go for a 3 ton if you can fit it as the micro and 1.5's can be pretty jerky in comparison.

Joe, you can play on the diggers at places like digger land.
Ask for a ticket for the day for your birthday.

You might be able to get vouchers from WHSmith

I've always wanted to try one of those out. Do they take much learning? Or can you get to grips with them on the first day?
I'm not to sure but my husband has a friend who knows how to do it. But I will be watching with notes.

If they do not provide training on it pay a little extra for some, even from the delivery driver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back