Which Frame fixing Bolt ?

1 Jun 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
As part of my extension self build I will shortly be installing a set of French windows with a fixed pane on each side of the doors.

The bricks I used for the walls are not solid, they have 3 holes in them.

The upvc is a 70mm frame and I was thinking of using 122mm Masonry Frame Fixing Screws (Toolstation 58193) which just needs a 6mm hole drilling but as the bricks only have about 25mm "meat" on them before the hole inside the brick, would I be better using a traditional 122mm Window Frame Anchor (Toolstation 25635) with the plastic sleeve instead ?
Sponsored Links
We use 122mm Masonry Frame Fixing Screws (Toolstation 58193) ( or the Winzer Wurth equivalent ) all the time...........
Sponsored Links
I'll be fitting fixed panels either side of the French windows. The door frame sides should have reinforced steel in them. What screws do I need to screw the panels to the door frame? Bay Pole screws 4.8 x 50mm (Toolstation 81950)?
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local