PVC Window Installation

vw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I bought a used PVC window (1000mm*630mm). I have not found the holes on the sides of window frame which is for fixing instead of 6 No bracket.

I wonder if I shall drill a hole on each side of frame, and fixing it to brick. will it be hold the window firmly. what is the brackets for?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
the brackets are sometimes used for fixing windows in new build properties, they are screwed onto the back of the window and then are fixed into the wall. the brackets are then plastered over. in this case you should drill holes (at least 2 each side) and fix into the brickwork using some proper framefixings that you can buy from wickes or similar.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Have a very nice weekend and bank holiday.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Use drill through fixings long enough to give a fixing depth around 2 x the thickness of the frame into the brickwork for security. I would use 3 fixings on the 1000mm sides, 2 on the others; you may have problems drilling through the lintel at the top if it's steel (some don't bother!). Pack the frame out securely either side of each fixing to take up any clearance before you fully tighten them or or the frame will distort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back