Which 'Grab' for tiling ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I tried to do a bit of tiling in my kitchen.
All was well till I wanted to stick ceramic tiles under the window reveal !
My usual adhesive has been great so far, but doesn’t go off fast enough for underneath/s.

I’m assuming you lads use one of the ‘grabs’. If so, which one ? I used a couple of different ones many years ago, for different jobs, but can’t think of one being better back then.

I'm now a disabled pensioner, and trying to 'keep my hand in', but I can't stand, holding tiles whilst the adhesive goes off.

As usual, things get changed/better/dropped as life goes on (without me), so what’s the best thing out now ?

I hope you lads & lasses are keeping safe

Sponsored Links
Can you cut a batten to the width of the reveal, place it across the tiles, and then support that on 2 battens wedged against the sill/stool? Obviously don't wedge them too tight or it'll crack them. You can possibly temporarily hold the tiles up with some tape whilst you position the batten.

Sponsored Links
Thanks DM,
I have started to use tape to stop them sliding down the front, but am limited to how many I can place - actually not too bad considering my condition.
I have seen where some people make a 'T' bar (I used to do that when plaster-boarding ceilings), but you have to move it for every tile.
I haven't seen a lot of tiling, but never seen 'T' bars used.
I assumed one of these all singing - all dancing 'grabs' would suffice, but nothing's coming along at the moment.
thanks again friend

I don't think any grab adhesive is likely to provide any extra grab than a high-grab tile adhesive tbh. I've always just used a wedged batten - it is an awkward job by yourself at the best of times!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back