Which Induction Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of removing our old gas cooker and want to repalce it with an induction cooker (note, a cooker with oven and hob, not just the hob).
I gather some models pulse the magnetic field circuit on and off to regulate the average heat input to the pans, while others use the more sophisticated variable magnetic field strength.
Unfortunately I can’t find details of which models use which method.
Can anyone recommend which models are best, at the lower to mid price range, in the UK?

Sponsored Links
Main thing is get one with knobs. I got a Belling with knobs and it has been great, never even considered what touch controls would be like until my mother fitted one. So on ours pan started to boil over and we turn it down and immediate response. Mothers you selected ring then pressed multi times to reduce heat in steps, by time you had turned it down it had boiled over, so on hers only option was to lift the pan which turns it off, but far easier and safer simply turning a knob.

Not a clue if mine is truly analogue or if it uses mark/space ratio, but if it does use mark/space it is so frequent it works as if analogue.

I agree with Eric, Touch control creates hazards, definately choose one with control by knobs.

I would suggest getting separate oven and hobs, wider choice and if one fails beyond repair then you have to replace both even though one is still in good working order.

As regard which manufacturer ... I have Neff Domino hobs, two induction and two gas. My oven is Neff Circotherm.

I would reccommend them and Neff in general.

Sponsored Links
Ah, I was all for getting one with touch control, but hadn’t considered the safety aspect you mention, so thanks for that...I’ll go for knobs.
We’re just replacing the cooker rather than the whole kitchen, so while I take your point about separate hob and oven, in our case I need a cooker that fits in the same slot as the existing gas cooker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back