Which membrane and velux flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Placing our materials ordering for the roof tomorrow. Roofer has put Cromar Vent 3 Classic for the membrane. He says its fine and he has no problems with it but says I can upgrade my order with the supplier if I want.

Should I stick with this or go for the slightly more expensive Cromar? Or another type? Is there really much difference, if the roofers happy with the Classic stuff?

Second. I have an older velux window and the flashing kit is being replaced. When I spoke to the supplier he couldn't work out what I needed from my velux window code (GGL 606 3000). He's calling velux tomorrow. Anyone have any idea? And if its an older one what is the likelihood of it being in stock? Need the stuff for next week!!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
That's cheap breathable felt, I have never used it before, but why use cheap materials on your roof, which is one of the most important parts of your building?😉ring velux up and give them the code off old window, I'm sure they will help you

That's cheap breathable felt, I have never used it before, but why use cheap materials on your roof, which is one of the most important parts of your building?😉ring velux up and give them the code off old window, I'm sure they will help you

I thought the same on the felt. I ordered today and offered to "upgrade" and the merchant said not to bother and it was fine. So I didn't :)

As for the velux, yes velux direct were very helpful. Unfortunately as its an older velux the kit is special order and takes 7-9 days for delivery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back