Which operating mode for Viessmann 100-W?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to get a Viessmann 100-W B1KF and plan to have it hooked up to a Tado smart thermostat system.
I'm assuming that as the Tado supports OpenTherm, to get that benefit, I should ask the installers to make sure it is in the operation mode highlighted below (from the 4 available)?

upload_2022-2-1_20-22-21.png

I've had other feedback that in order to support the instantaneous hot water, the boiler must be in "comfort" mode - so not sure if that means I cant get it if its set to Opentherm?
upload_2022-2-1_20-24-37.png

Sponsored Links
Yes, the installers set C.7 operating mode to 14.

1663525441523.png

Viessman have also said (to change it from Opentherm to manual):

"The change has to be done from the Commissioning screen, option C7:14 to C7:1 then go to last setting in list until END shows then confirm with OK. The Commissioning Screen is where the Installer set up the Boiler functions, this is in the Installation and Service Manual that the Contractor had on receipt of the Boiler, there are other settings in there that, if changed by mistake, could put the boiler into a fault state, so in theory, this should only be done by a competent Person, i.e the Installer or a Heating Contractor."

In terms of the eco/comfort mode for the DHW, it looks like the option is disabled when in Opentherm mode:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back