Which paint for corrugated pvc roofing sheets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm covering my shed with corrugated pvc sheets, they are clear as there's a skylight in there, plus an extended car port type frame over the doorway, which I want to let light in.

The shed is felted, but under a large tree, so falling branches/leaves and bird poo will soon knacker the felt, hence the extra covering.

I'd like to paint them to help keep the sun off of the roof, but which paint would be best for this purpose?
I'm presuming oil based, how about satinwood wood paint? Or maybe a primer?

Before anyone says 'shoulda got bitumen' ...the sheets were only fiver each, plus the bitumen ones don't match the profile of the clear.

Sponsored Links
Lots of blank faces out there!

Ok, lets put it another way.
What paint is suitable for outdoor use, flexible, low solvent content, and can be used on non-porous smooth surfaces?

Deluks said:
Lots of blank faces out there!

Ok, lets put it another way.
What paint is suitable for outdoor use, flexible, low solvent content, and can be used on non-porous smooth surfaces?

:LOL: :LOL:
I used gloss (solvent) several times. same method as painting plastic guttering etc.

Tried masonry once it went all grubby like decorators caulk .

Pc is playin up might be back befor I go on hols lol
good luck

if you (can) paint the underside of the PVC, which will be a lot easier before fixing, it will still reflect the heat off, and will not get weathered.

Sponsored Links
Yeh I was gonna paint underneath. I don't know how long sunlight/uv rays are but I'm sure the 1mm or so of pvc won't wear out too quickly.
Any recommendations on which brand/type of paint to use? Or is gloss just gloss and that's that.

I think that's i've seen a recommendation for solar reflective paint on roofing, may have been in a paint manufacturer's literature. Have a search.

That's the silver stuff that goes straight onto felt, containing flakes of aluminium. I don't think it would adhere to plastic.
I'll chance my arm with a tin of wickes exterior gloss and see what happens.

Any gloss should be ok.. tho I have used weathershield ext mostly because I was using it o rest of job.. Just wipe over with rag & white spirit and 1/2 coats of gloss no u/c etc.

Didnt get bck as busy packing...or shud say being told what to put in the case :rolleyes: >>>>>next stop alicante :LOL:

Enjoy! Get down to the Beach at Santa Pola, much nicer than the touristy bit, not too many English ;)

Have a few San Miguels Jon!

if you (can) paint the underside of the PVC, which will be a lot easier before fixing, it will still reflect the heat off, and will not get weathered.

Thats a very good idea

Heat reflective wont stick its got metalic pigmant and will probably be too brittle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back