Painting roof felt what products

J

Jason88

Hi
I'm looking to paint some roofing felt which I used black adhesive to glue
Iv made a mess and it looks bad would oil based paint on felt last?
Or could I use the black bitumen paint that I have made a mess with?
Would it peel off?
Any suggestions as I need it sorted before my bird gets back from holidays!

Sponsored Links
Flag do a paint just for this job can't remember what its called though, looks alot like bitumen and may well be or a derivative of it anyway

I have a tin of bitumen left from doing the felt
Would this be ok to use I think it would look nice black just worried about it peeling in the heat what do you think my man?

I'd go with the flag stuff, just looked it up its called roof fix and its not bituminous, its got good flex and is fibre reinforced.

I've only ever used bitumen on guttering and cast iron bits and pieces, so not sure about putting it over a roofing felt, might be worth asking in the building section or roofing if there is one

Sponsored Links
You can use bitumen paint, there's a few out there, Everbuild do a decent roofing emulsion and a very good all weather roof coat which is bitumen based. Which ever you choose to use it is advisable to put a couple of coats of solar reflective paint on top for protection. I've been doing my flat felt roof on my garage this way every two years, the felt roof is 28 years old and there's no leaks or cracks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back