which paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a daft question but I cant find an ext paint for my front door in the colour the missus wants. We are after a 1950's type green (vw type colour) Ideally in a soft sheen rather than gloss. Found some poss colours in interior paint????? With the right prep would this be ok? The door doesn't get masses of bad weather on it and the paint on it is in good nick I think I painted it in International Ranch paint.
Ta Dave

Sponsored Links
What make is the colour you have chosen ?

i.e. is it Dulux, Crown or Leyland etc.....

Ta for the reply sorry if I wasnt clear but we never really chose a colour I think one was Dulux and I think it was probably egg shell.
I guess really my question is will interior paint be suitable for an exterior door and could I use something like egg shell or try something to 'knock back' the sheen of gloss?
Many thanks for your time.
dave :D

will interior paint be suitable for an exterior door and could I use something like egg shell or try something to 'knock back' the sheen of gloss?

No.

Dulux Trade Weathershield can mix colours. I would advize you use Dulux Trade Weathershield Quick Drying Satin. However, you MUST rub the existing coated surfaces very well. Best with wet & dry sandpaper process.

Click on link for further info http://www.icipaints.co.uk/colours/duluxtrade/exteriors/index.jsp

Sponsored Links
Third_Eye said:
will interior paint be suitable for an exterior door and could I use something like egg shell or try something to 'knock back' the sheen of gloss?

No.

Dulux Trade Weathershield can mix colours. I would advize you use Dulux Trade Weathershield Quick Drying Satin. However, you MUST rub the existing coated surfaces very well. Best with wet & dry sandpaper process.

Click on link for further info http://www.icipaints.co.uk/colours/duluxtrade/exteriors/index.jsp[/QUOTE]

Do they do a Microporous type of colour? :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back