which part of building regs for loft headroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

can anyone tell me which part of the building regs I need to look at to get the latest details on headroom clearance in lofts?

Am doing a two storey side extension and most of the roof has to come off anyway so we are looking at a loft conversion too.. Have plans and building reg drawings but they were done with steel/conventional timber construction and I am looking at using attic trusses instead (for speed/ease and cost reasons) but the clearance is close to the limits and it is a semi so there is no question of raising the roof..

have heard quotes of 2.0m, 1.9m and that they have removed the specific headroom requirement.. wanted to look at the actual reg so I know exactly where I stand..?

many thanks

Trev

Sponsored Links
brilliant, thanks for that.. now I know which regs apply and can talk about it semi intelligently with the truss company.. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back