Which Pipe Freezing kits?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone use this on a regular basis?
Been thinking of a kit for a while and occasionally use the spray variety but a reusable kit with more control appeals.

But not at the prices I've seen punted about.
Electrical freezing seemed attractive at the Rothy Plumbfreeze Eco price but they're no longer available so must have been a poor product (based on the reviews) also dependant on a sound electrical supply.
So, read also about the rothenburger RoFrost with co2 kit but seems a lot of these suppliers/products are no longer available... FreezeMaster etc!

So, is the throw away cans but with proper pipe clamps (for each size) better?

Maybe this thingamy-jig...
https://www.armarge.com/#
:)

Or should I just stick to snatching or draining down? :D

Ta Muchly.

Sponsored Links
Never had a pipe freezing kit. Borrowed one once to replace a stopcock when the external couldn't be found but it didn't work (or I didn't use it correctly) and ended up as a snatch anyway. I couldn't manage without bungs though.

I had a Freeze Master when they first came out, I used it for emergency call out work., it was a beast. Customers thought it was amazing but the main problem was that it was very heavy and needed to be serviced every couple of years. I sold it last year as I wasn't using it and it was just left in the garage.

Andy

I have the Polar kit , not used it many times but every time I have used it has always been good, only bought it because the gas was easily available from wolsley, used an electric one once, cant remember the make and it failed half way through trying to get a valve fitted

Sponsored Links
Rothy Plumbfreeze Eco

I've got one - don't think about getting one as they are very hit & miss, need to acclimatise to room temp and don't perform too well in hot surroundings (apart from that it's a really good machine!)

If you're going to invest then get the Rothy ROFROST unit - simple to use and very effective - we hire a unit if we expect the job to chuck in a few surprises.

I use the polar kits quite often and the kit is always on the van with a couple of canisters.

Stick with freeze kits and there's always the added excitement of not knowing exactly when the plug is going to let go!

Useful feedback lads. Thanks.
Did any of you look at the Armage "Ice cap" link? Reusable sleeves with temp gauges on them... Might be a good shout.
Or some of the other spray kits (rothy) that have the clamps for different sized pipes but still use the aerosol can!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back