Which Regular Boiler ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recommendations for a new regular boiler to replace my ageing ideal classic boiler, to serve an 11 room house ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That would depend on a heat loss calculation but generally a 15 kW would be about right.

Tony

Always better to calculate though.

Of course a three min tel converstation to ask about wall and loft will hone in.

Some people imagine its all totally unscientific and you can just put your finger in the wind and come up with a figure.

Tony

depends on the hot water usage... go for a boiler that can be rated in heating to 15kws, and ensure that the (new) cylinder can absorb the full power of the boiler. That cold be a 26kw boiler, with hot water priority...

Open vented ????
Thanks.

Use Whole House Boiler Size Calculator to find out what size boiler you need. Don't be surprised if it is smaller than your existing one!

If the insulation has been improved since the old boiler was installed, the rads may seem to be larger than necessary, but this is a good thing as you will be able to run the boiler at a lower temperature, which is more efficient.

As for which make of boiler, my son had a Remeha 15V boiler installed nearly three years ago and there have been no problems with it. I had an 18V installed just after Easter and nothing to report - apart from the fact that it is as quiet as the proverbial church mouse; you have to open the kitchen cupboard door and look at the display to check if it is actually running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back