Which Roller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moving into an apartment. It's all painted already but is grubby in places so I'm basically just adding another coat of fresh paint on top to smarten it up a bit :)

Question is... most rollers seem to come with medium pile rollers... would this be ok or would I get a better finish from a small pile roller?

Sponsored Links
Go for a short pile..acorn do a decent one available in crown trade centres..its blue

Failing that ask for a woven pile sleeve (short pile)

Depends how smooth the finish is. As a rule you should use a roller with a short pile for smooth walls and a long pile for rough.

It's a fairly decent paint finish... so I guess that would be classed as fairly smooth :)

I guess my question is, am I likely to notice the difference in finish between a short and medium pile?

Sponsored Links
A long pile roller will put more paint onto the surface and sometimes this can create a slightly textured finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back