Which shower to fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, just wondering if someone can help me, have moved into a new house and have recently been looking at the bathroom, its only a small one, and with not much room we haven't got a shower. As we have a new baby girl, we havent got much time for a bath every morning and night!

However, i am unsure of what shower I should be putting in and what I am looking for to be honest. If it helps anyone we hace a combi boiler!!

Any help greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
fit a thermostatic shower valve that works off the combi hot / cold.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat...HZOCFFY?productId=83093&imageNo=null&ts=00543

or fit an electric shower

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat...HZOSFFQ?productId=35910&imageNo=null&ts=00738

the first option will be the better one as you can run it straight off your hot / cold bath feeds.
with the electric shower you need to get a cable run from your consumer box and have a pullcord fitted.
and they are ugly sitting above your bath.

fantastic, now i know which to use i can have a look.

This may be a little cheeky, but any chance of a quick rough quide to installing a thermostatic valve, do i need to start doing major plumbing works and electrical work, or is it a pretty simple job, also how long am i looking at to do this??

Any help greatly appreciated!!

fantastic, now i know which to use i can have a look.

This may be a little cheeky, but any chance of a quick rough quide to installing a thermostatic valve, do i need to start doing major plumbing works and electrical work, or is it a pretty simple job, also how long am i looking at to do this??

Any help greatly appreciated!!

on your system you can run two 15mm feeds from existing bath tap feeds under bath.

a thermostatic valve don't need any electrical work.

the only work really needed is the two feeds to the valve from the tap feeds bringing them up in a channel in the wall.
unless your bath backs onto a airing cupboard.
is your bathroom area around bath tiled.
i would advise having it tiled if not or the shower will make the wall damp in the end.
better if it's not tiled yet then you can channel pipes then make good and have the wall tiled.

Sponsored Links
magic, cheers, pal. bathroom not tiled at all, everything is wallpapered!!
Sounds like a pretty easy job, will get everything i need n have a crack at it!

thanks for your help

or if you don't fancy hacking holes in the wall have a look at the digital showers tha have one pipe comming through ceiling.
they can be fitted in under 2 hours and look good.

triton satellite for example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back