WHICH SIZE RADIATORS?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone possibly tell me the BTU rating I require for the following rooms and which size radiator will be suitable, and whether it should be a single or double panel convector. Here are the dimensions and spec to help.

I have lounge and diner which is one long room with an arch opening to seperate which in total is 23' long. Lounge is 12' wide and the dining area is 10' wide, although a completely open plan kitchen follows round, so I guess I have a L-shaped ground floor, with only the entrance hall and stairs seperated by a door between that and the kitchen. The kitchen area is 11' long and 8.5' wide.

Ok windows, the lounge area has a double glazed bay window unit, dimensions 7'9" x 4', through into the dining area there are a set of double glazed french doors with dimensions 6' 8" x 5' 11". Into the kitchen area the window unit is 5' 10" x 3' 5".

The floor to ceiling height in all rooms is 2.4 Metres .

I have wooden floorboards

At the moment there is a 450 x 1000 double panel double convector rad in the lounge area, and a 700 x 600 double panel double convector rad in the dining room area.

I hope I have been thorough enough with the information and I would really appreciate your advice
If it is important, all my copper is 10mm microbore which I've not had any problem with at all and if relevant my boiler is the Baxi Combi-Instant 105E

Sponsored Links
Hi,
If you dont get an answer from anyone here you may be able to get the results you need from B&Q's radiator brochure.
Thats where I got my information from.
Another factor you will have to include is how many of the walls in that room are external, think you have to add 10% for that but it was all clearly laid out what to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back