Which Tile Adhesive should I use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have tiled two walls before in a bathroom so just a normal DIYer (I was pleased with my end result). My tiles were 100 x 100 and I used powdered adhesive. I found it time consuming to keep mixing up. I think I had to mix up frequently because the adhesive went off really quick.

It looks like I will be tiling another two walls - the tiles measure 300 x 200 white ceramic and will be above a bath which has an over head shower off of a cylinder tank emersion heater.

One of the walls still has tiles on, they are rock solid and I am up against it time wise - I will be tiling straight over the top.

I have read good reviews on Bostick Non Slip Tile Adhesive - would this product be OK to work with? Just worried if I am a bit too slow and the product dries out.

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Bostik-Non...15L/p/167965?_br_psugg_q=bostik+tile+adhesive

Sponsored Links
The description seems to imply that it would be OK if it's "correctly grouted"

But I wouldn't do it.

Standard set powdered adhesive has a pot life of around 4 hours, surely that's long enough? You don't need to mix the whole bag in one go!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back