which type of hotwater system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I am renovating a wee 2 bedroom cottage. I would like advice on the best way to supply the hot water. I only need to run two hot taps for the kitchen and bathroom. It has excellent mains pressure. I would prefer not to have a water tank in the loft unless it was small, and an unvented system would need to be installed by a professional (not many plumbers around here).
Is there another way?

Many thanks, Jonny.

Sponsored Links
How about a wee combi boiler or if just for water then another is an electric/gas instantaneous water heater.

Cheers Rab. It's just for the bathroom and kitchen sinks. No gas. I've seen these instant water heaters. Are they any good and do you just wire them into the electrics and plumb them in like an electric shower?
Thanks, Jonny.

Sponsored Links
In essence they are exactly like a shower, a tank with an element that heats the water as it passes through. Obviously attention needs to be given to power requirements with suitable cabling/MCB protection etc. Not the most economical either but such is the way with electric multipoint heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back