Which HW system is best

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Currently have a system boiler (Baxi Solo 18HE) which is sited in a pantry in the kitchen, with a copper tank in the bathroom, cold water tank in loft along with F&E tank. Part of renovations & extension currently being planned, the pantry will be removed, and additions/changes to bathrooms.

At present there is 1 bathroom with an electric shower, but I will be changing this to a thermostatic shower off the hot water, with the same in 2 new en-suites. I know not everything will be used at once, but need to ensure that there is enough hot water available.

Would something like a 300Litre unvented indirect tank be suitable?

I only ask as I need to see if I need to allow space for the tank & boiler, and will need to put on the plans.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Glowworm ultrapower.

Boiler and hot tank all in one. Never run out of hot water.
All in the nice one box with a immersion backup.

Sorted.

Glowworm ultrapower.

Sorted.

Just had a quick look and it very compact, and I guess would not need someone with G3 certificate as with the tank. Wouldnt need much space, and may be able to fit it in the utility

It mentions 12.5lpm, is that really going to be enough though. My mum has a Vaillant ecotect 837 combi that does about that, and with a 2nd HW tap open, flow is reduced alot

Rinnai HDC1500i with a whopping 37 l/min @ 21 degC rise.

You may need a larger gas meter though.

;)

James

Sponsored Links
Also just noticed its a combi, will this simultaneously do the HW and CH?

I will have approx 10 normal rads, 4 towel rads, and possibly underfloor heating in the new kitchen extension.

Glowworm ultrapower.

Sorted.

Just had a quick look and it very compact, and I guess would not need someone with G3 certificate as with the tank. Wouldnt need much space, and may be able to fit it in the utility

It mentions 12.5lpm, is that really going to be enough though. My mum has a Vaillant ecotect 837 combi that does about that, and with a 2nd HW tap open, flow is reduced alot

No you must be reading the wrong manual.
It wll give flow rates equivalent to an unvented cylinder.

Glowworm ultrapower.

Sorted.

No you must be reading the wrong manual.
It wll give flow rates equivalent to an unvented cylinder.

Just read official manual which is saying 25l @35 degC rise

It does look good, and wondering if it can be fitted in a 600mm kitchen cupboard, so I can integrate it into the utility kitchen, without having a separate cupboard for it.

Another £2k spent, was hoping initially of just buying a tank, and using existing boiler.

Just hoping now that the existing water main is sufficient

Just found installer would need G3 ticket for the glow worm and not all good reviews about them either.

May end up an unvented cylinder at just over £1k, which means I can hopefully use existing boiler as its about 4yrs old, and replace it when it gives up. Link below

http://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/pre-plumbed-300-litre-indirect-s-s-unvented-cylinder

Think I'll get the architect to plan for a room in the utility area to house the boiler and cylinder as well as a laundry area.

I'll get an installer around when Im closer to fitting, but I think I may need to factor in a new mains, as I think it could be old lead pipework

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back