Changing vented system to unvented

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Currently got a Baxi 18HE with a old copper tank in the bathroom, and CWS tank in the loft along with a F&E tank for the heating.

Thinking about getting rid of the copper tank to free up space in the bathroom, and replace with a 300L tank in the utility.

Would you consider this a wise move? Could I use my existing boiler or would I need a new one?

I understand I would need to get the main water flow/pressure checked, and may have to lay a new main as I think current one is lead.

Seen a pre-plumbed cylinder from mr central heating, branded UVGold. Anyone had any experiences with this?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You would still need to be qualified (g3) to install an unvented cylinder even if it's pre-plumbed

Anyway If u want to loose the airing cupboard to make more space you don't have to have an unvented cylinder could use existing

Would expect quite a lot of work to be involved in relocating a cylinder to a different floor

You would still need to be qualified (g3) to install an unvented cylinder even if it's pre-plumbed

Hi

Totally understand that, I won't be doing this myself, don't touch gas either. Just planning refurbishment of house and thinking of adding a bigger tank as I will be adding 2 en-suites as well. Will be getting a certified person in to install & commission. The only thing I will do is fit the bathroom suites.

Thinking about moving it all to the utility as that's where the boiler is, and all pipes for heating & hot water, plus the ensuites will be in the 2 rooms directly above, and the main bathroom very close to them.

Thought the unvented cylinder would be better to cope with HW demands. There will be a bathroom, 2 ensuites, kitchen and downstairs W/C.

If there is a better solution, I'm open to suggestions.

Sponsored Links
How old is the boiler?

Have a look at
Glowworm ultrapower
Viessmann 222
Worcester high flow

In that order ;)

How old is the boiler?

Have a look at
Glowworm ultrapower
Viessmann 222
Worcester high flow

In that order ;)

Thanks

Will these all provide same output as cylinder? Also what are the benefits of these over a cylinder?

I looked at the glow worm 170sxi before, but read too many bad reviews on it, and costly at nearly £1900. The tank I saw was just a tad over £1000, which was the pre-plumbed version. Space is not really an issue for me either, I can spare 800mm for a cupboard to hide it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back