unvented system ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just checking to see if the following is all compatible, and alternative solutions.

5 bedroom, 3 bathroom house - 17kw required for radiators (18 of them)
want to control heat in each room independently.
best option looks to be system boiler and unvented tank. want lost space and think combi will struggle with simultaneous running of hot water.
Have had quotes for all kinds of system, but found an engineer that seems decent to work with.

Shopping list, gas engineer has done plenty unvented installs and is qualified, but has not used what i am interested in...said he is happy to install what i buy, but i pay for mistakes if i order the wrong thing...or he can order, but will cost more...

Tank - telford tempest 300L unvented, pre-plumbed
Boiler - Worcester Bosch classic cdi 30 system (without optional diverter)
Heating control - evohome, main stat in livingroom and evohome TRVs on each radiator (do i need the eve home water kit?) the tank comes with a Dual High Limit Stat installed.

thanks
Dan

Sponsored Links
Boiler too powerful.

Evohome is easy enough - but also easy for someone without experience to get into a right muddle.

Hot water kit is only essential if you want to control it from the central controller. The installer should know how to maintain the safety system of the cylinder and integrate the Evohome stuff.

We do quite a bit of installs for people that don't want to get their hands dirty with the wiring and control stratagem as it is a bit of a mind bender for some. If you wanted to boost efficiency, go for an Intergas SB24 and get the Opentherm version of Evohome working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back