which type of laminate floor system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I see there are two types a click or tongue and groove. what are the benefits and disadvantages or is one simple better than the other if so which one.
Thanks
Stuart

Sponsored Links
Hi I see there are two types a click or tongue and groove. what are the benefits and disadvantages or is one simple better than the other if so which one.
Thanks
Stuart

tongue and groove requires a plywood base which is costlier and they use nails to lay the floor wereas click system requires film and foam which is cheaper and even u can replace the floor, but this is not in the case of tongue and groove....

Thanks
Stuart

tongue and groove requires a plywood base which is costlier and they use nails to lay the floor wereas click system requires film and foam which is cheaper and even u can replace the floor, but this is not in the case of tongue and groove....
Well, that's completely new to us. T&G floor do not require a plywood base, nor do they have to be nailed.
Click-systems are as hard to replaced once they are down as T&G. And the type of underlayment depends on the type of underfloor

What type of room do you have Surfingmace? Square, one door?
Click-systems can be handy in those cases, the main problem is the click-system on the short ends of the boards and the last row.

Sponsored Links
i have 2 doors and also patio doors was talking to a fitter and he has advised me to use t and g so have gone with that he never said anything about the plywood floor using wickes top quality underlay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back