Which wireless / smart thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive seen plenty of older posts on this subject but I want rid of the crappy Salus wireless thermostat on my Vaillant eco tec pro.

I do want wireless or even smart/app control but I dont have or want Alexa / Echo etc.
Only needs to be basic, whats best for ease of use, ease of fitting please?

Sponsored Links
I thought you were getting a Hive? Nest isn’t wireless, but does use app control. Do you have a programmer or not?

I have a wireless Salus room thermostat (now not working at all).
I think I want a Hive but while looking at prices, I saw listings for Nest, Tado, Honeywell etc & just dont know whats best?
A bit confused by all the different options / brands.

I would personally (on your boiler) use Vaillant or at a push Tado - these use ebus which helps with modulation, which basically makes the boiler the most efficient. Hive or others will just be on/off controls.

Sponsored Links
I didn't realise ther was a Vaillant one.
Will look into that one too.
Thank you.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thank you.
Yes, there are several. VRT50 is extra easy/simple, although not programmable, it’s just a room stat.

Thank you

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Looking at the Vsmart, it looks quite good for approx £180 & only 2 wires to connect to the BUS terminal. Only downside I dont have a socket near the boiler for the plug. Id have to get the fused spur swapped to a double socket.

The reciever has a "phone charger" type plug on it not a 240v cable like most others I've seen

I would need to have a socket fitted or there would be nowhere to plug it in!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back