Smart thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a 5 year old combination boiler it doesn’t have a thermostat anywhere, it only has a small electric display next to the boiler for the on and off for the boiler . I have been looking at buying a wireless smart thermostat so I can control the boiler temperature from my phone and Alexa smart speakers. I had a quick look at some of them and most sound like you have to remove the old thermostat and wire the new one to it so you could control through your phone. But we don’t have one so can’t. Any idea of how to do it?

Sponsored Links
yes its very easy, the smart thermostats have the thermostat and a heat link (receiver if you like) this is fixed next to the boiler and hard wired into the boiler control panel, everything else is controlled by wifi

I had a quick look at some of them and most sound like you have to remove the old thermostat and wire the new one to it so you could control through your phone. But we don’t have one so can’t. Any idea of how to do it?
You could pretend you used to have one and have already removed it and its wiring. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back