whining boiler

V

volks

I have just installed a saunier duval f35 e combi boiler a fortnight ago,when the boiler is on there is a constant whining noise coming from it very high pitched, i took the panel of the front of the burner and checked inside it seems the noise is coming from the heat resistant panels that sit around the burner, right on top of these panels sits the heat exchanger. When you slightly move the panels about you can get it to stop but as soon as you put the front panel in front of the burner back on the noise returns. Any ideas on how to get it to stop. Engineer says it just the running noise of the boiler. But for a brand boiler its not very good. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I don't think taking these metal panels out would be agood idea as these are to protect the casing around the boiler, would also affect the fan extracting the combusted gas.

(dont think fitting a combi comes under the banner of diy). I am a qualified plumber & heating engineer (corgi registered) the reason i posted was to see if anybody else had the same problem with a saunier duval f35 e combi boiler. ;)

Somebody on here said Saunier Duval boilers were made by Satan, more like morons, when I had a similar problem with a Worcester they came 3 times, then just fitted a brand new boiler with no argument, MAKE Duval sort it, it's their craap.

Sponsored Links
When you you said they fitted a new boiler was a new boiler of the same make and model as i would rather strip out the saunier duval and fit something else any recommendations on a good boiler.

Thnks

(dont think fitting a combi comes under the banner of diy). I am a qualified plumber & heating engineer (corgi registered)
heating engineer (dont start me off)
corgi means you are (supposedly) safe to work on gas
:rolleyes:

I fitted a 24Cdi, month later funny noise, 2 trips by me, 1 trip by Worcester engineer, 2 trips by worcester techies, still noise, so they fitted another complete 24Cdi no arguments, I was well impressed, thing is noise still there, obviously not the boiler then, must have been something on the existing heating echoing, anyway Worcester didn't charge for work, so I stick with them and have very few problems if any.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back