Whirlpood dishwasher pipe keeps popping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a whirlpool ADG7952 dishwasher - about 7 years old - and recently, it's stopped washing as well as it used to. At the end of the wash, a plastic tube has "popped out" of its slot just behind the central rotor of the floor of the dishwasher. I pop it back into place, but after each wash, it's popped out again. Not completely out, but far enough that I suspect the flow of water for the wash is disrupted.The plastic tube is the one that runs up the back of the machine, feeding water to the higher-up spray rotor I think.
Thanks
Pete

Sponsored Links
This is a fairly common occurence on Whirlpool dishwashers. Sounds brutal but the easiest way to fix it is to put a small stainless steel screw at an angle through the cover-plate at the bottom so it enters the tube & thereby locks it into place. I usually screw them on the back-side of the tube so it isn't visible. BTW this is the fix Whirpool themselves recomend. Be sure to use a stainless steel screw...

Thanks for this. Do you mean through the plastic framework that the tube pops into? Will try that. I was wondering if there was a reason why this happened, such as some obstruction of the outflow of water from the sprayer end of the pipe, but it seems to be completely clear. Perhaps it's just a design/ wear and tear issue.
Will let you know how I get on.

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's where to fit the small stainless steel screw. It anchors the tube into the receptacle & stops it popping out. Whirlpool sent out a directive on this problem some time ago, the fix is what we have already discussed. I think the reason the tube springs out is because of a tolerance/thermal expansion issue, but I don't think this was ever really confirmed. I believe newer models have been re-engineered slightly.
Make a small starter hole with an awl before fitting the locking screw, it'll prevent anything cracking. Use a very small screw...it doesn't take much to hold it in place.
Good luck :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back