whirlpool adg 7540 wont fill with water....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

If someone can please help, the start light flashes and beeps.

Humming noises but no water then beeps and stops.

I have cleaned filters, checked for blockage at water inlet all ok.

Tried flilling with hot water but no luck ( it does drain the water though so guess pump ok).

Not sure if needs resetting or new solenoid, but thats as much as I can think of.

Any ideas , ways to test the thing would be appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi

thanks for very speedy reply, 7 flashes

any ideas?

Thanks

Yep. 7 flashes is a flow meter failure.
Normal cause is a bad connection at the flowmeter.
Take the left hand panel off, at the bottom of the water matrix near the front you'll see the flowmeter, pull the plug off and plug it back on. Try the machine again.

Sponsored Links
sorry to be a bit dumb but fairly unfamiliar with this thing so when you say left panel and water matrix can you please elaborate.... thanks

Take the left hand side panel off, then you'll see the water matrix and the flowmeter

thanks for help, will try your suggestion and post results.. thanks

Sleepyhead, before I throw this thing out of the window do you have any more ideas?
I have unplugged all the sockets I can find and the thing actually fills with water after it was turned on side and unplugged etc.
The push it back into place and it doesnt work, Im sure the water hoses are not being kinked or anything.
It seems very spoadic, now makes the same grumbles but no 7 flashes!!
Im so confused but dont want to call out a repair man as £80 to unplug something is a bit much especially when that would go towards a new machine (this is nearly 5 years old) and not worth spending much cash on.
Help?

If it works when it's pulled out but not when it's pushed back in then the fill hose is definitely being kinked. It should eventually give an error code of 6 flashes if no water is coming in then change to 7.
Why did you turn it on it's side? The side panel comes off when it's stood upright.
You only need to unplug and plug back on 1 plug, the one at the bottom of the plastic fill chamber on the left hand side. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back