whirlpool adp 4404/5 dishwasher flashing 4 times

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, my dishwasher is flashing 4 times on the led which means not emptying but if you tip water in the machine then reset it then it empties then pumps for a while then the light starts flashing 4 times and nothing can anyone help. I have cleaned all the filters but still nothing

Sponsored Links
Hi
My dishwasher was pumping out OK, but giving sets of 4 beeps continuously when it had finished. I managed to download a manual for a similar machine. It says that the pump runs to drain the machine for 4 minutes. If the "WI" (Water Indicator level sensor) switch has not opened in that time the machine gives this error.
Here is how the WI was tested:
First disconnect the machine from mains power!...
The front of the machine was removed to expose the electronics module. The connector labelled with WI (amongst other labels) is unplugged from the board. A multimeter is attached to the WI contacts in the plug. The meter is set to continuity and beeps when the contacts in the sensor are closed.
Using a bucket and sponge, water can then be added to and drained from the inside of the washer (where the plates go). On my machine the meter starts beeping when water is added and should stop when transferred back to the bucket using a sponge. I painted a line ( with tip-ex) inside the sump in the bottom of the machine to show the level when the switch just opened.
At first I thought the sensor was OK after is worked a few times.. However when I tried it with HOT water from the kitchen tap I was able to empty the sump completely without the switch changing to open GOTCHA! The switch opened and the meter stopped beeping a couple of minutes later as the sensor cooled. This could explain why it does not always fail, as the switch would work OK on a cool wash.
I am now looking for a supplier of a new WI switch at a sensible price. good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back