Whirlpool ADP4504 Stop Start on Drain and fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, a few weeks a go my Whirlpool ADP4504 developed a problem where when i press the start button to start to cycle it would start to drain and then stop. It would start and then stop continuously until it finished draining. When the fill cycle starts it would do the same, start and stop. The wash cycle is fine and the dishwasher washes ok. Its just the drain and fill cycle that seems to stop start.

Heres what i've done so far. I've removed the switch at the bottom of the water inlet column and put it back. I have also checked the water inlet filter and this seems ok. I have removed the pressure switch and cleaned the mesh and contacts and put this back. But now after doing this is just sticks on the drain cycle. It doesn't get passed this stage now. Do you think this is the symptoms of a faulty pressure switch? I would appreciate any feedback on this. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I have since replaced the pressure swicth and it does exactly the same so im at a loss to what is causing this. It doesn't seem anyone know what the issue is so i'll probably scrap and buy a new one.

Not knowing the exact layout of this appliance but you may have a build up of crud in the inlet resevoir or where the pressure switch is (quite often rubbish builds up and needs cleaning out) this prevents the pressure switch sensing water in the machine so it times out or the overflow on the tank can operate due to water not entering the sump properly, either can cause the pump to drain out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back