Whirlpool AWM321 Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The leak starts as soon as the machine starts filling so the leak exists before the water gets into the drum. With a bit of fiddling I managed to get the front off the machine.
There are greeny / black sediment trails around the bottom end of a hose joining the outlet of the powder draw and the inlet on the side of the drum.
I've removed the hose, cleaned it and checked it for leaks as best as I can. I filled it with water and twisted and pulled but it looks fine and no signs of cracking.
It looks to me the leak is where the bottom of the hose meets the drum but there is no washer or tightening device to hold it in place, as opposed to the powder draw end which has a self tightening metal ring. The hose is held in place by being larger than the hole in the drum and being flared out at the end.
I found a online service manual of a lower model but I can't see any special connector between the hose and drum.
I can't see the leak first hand as I have to reassemble the machine to test it so I can't be sure if its the draw, the hose, or the drum inlet.
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
with the lid off fill mc up and see if it leaks from hose ,there should be a clip holding it on try big cable ties joined together to seal it up

Thanks Rock1,
With the top off, I started filling the machine on a normal cycle but all the visible hoses are fine. I still think its the hose connecting the bottom of the power drawer to the side of the drum.
I've tried pouring water into the drawer with the front off but I can't witness the leak in action. But there are scum marks where is has been leaking.
When I retest it with the panels back on, the water drips from the point directly below the suspect hose.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back