Candy Turbo 801 - Replacing Sump Hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a tiny leak on my washing machine.
It isn't when it's filling,,,, or emptying - that was the first place I looked. Inlet seals etc fine
I saw a drip coming from around the sump hose, close to where it comes out of the drum.
I want to take it off to check it over, but am worried that it might be stuck to the drum, with a special adhesive, or fitting.
I have disconnected the other pipes: one to the filter/outlet pump, and the one that goes up to a thinner pipe between the side panel & main drum - I can't see where that goes.

1/ Is this just push fit to the sump/drum ?
2/ Am I right in calling it a Sump hose ?
3/ Where does the smaller pipe go up the side of the drum ?
4/ Who is a reasonable supplier for these items ?
5/ Is there a common 'leak' place on this model ?

Any other help or advice appreciated.

Baz

Sponsored Links
UPDATE:

It is definitely that bottom hose that's leaking.

There is no 'clip' or 'clamp' holding it onto the drum, but there does appear to be some sort of sealant,,,,,, unless it's just gunk !

If so, is it a specific sealant for the job ? If so, any idea what it is please ?

Some of you might recall that I'm disabled, and its essential to keep the machine operating - so any help or advice would be appreciated.

also: feel free to recommend a similar forum, in case no one can help on here.

thanks for reading,,,,,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back