Whirlpool AWO 3751/5 1450 RPM Spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my whirpool (Whirlpool AWO 3751/5 1450 RPM Spin) washing machine (only 8 months old) seems to smell like rotting eggs all the time.

i have checked the filter and that seems to be clear and the water from the machine drains away Ok!! apart from a small amount that stays where the filter is located and this water also smells.

Please help

Sponsored Links
possible remedy service wash. Leave machine empty put in aerial tablets (high in bleach) put on boil wash setting and run through cycle

The service wash is the place to start. You may have to run several to clean the inside of the machine up and kill the bacteria.
If the drain hose is onto a spigot under the sink ensure that the drain hose goes up as high as the underside of the sink before it goes down to the machine. You may be getting some dirty sink water backfilling the machine.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys, i will try the service wash as recommended. The Washer has it's own drain and goes via wastepipe straght to the outside drain.

hope this will fix it as our last washer never had this problem.

Regards

Firefighter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back