Whirlpool AWO/D 5516 washer behavioural problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I have asked two questions related to the same appliance twice regarding draining and error codes. Thanks for all the answers there!

However the washer behaves in an odd way and I suspect it could be to do with control unit (hopefully not!).

Choosing 30C synthetics (most common programme in our household) that should take 1h16m. The washer will either lit up Clean Pump light in 10 minutes or complete the wash cycle and then display F.02 during draining.
After that I have been unable to initiate Rinse and Spin cycle apart from one night last week when it did rinse, but left me handy task of wringing the laundry. I turned the appliance off from the mains, gave it 20 minutes rest and tried again, but no luck.

The washer behaves like this:

Another anomaly that can happen is that when the washer turns Clean Pump light on and I press & hold Start for three seconds, timer will change from 1 hour and however minutes are left to 5:27 or similar over five hours time. Then after half an hour or so it reverts to actual time left.

Just to make it clear - the pump and hose have been replaced and are clean.

Could someone please advise what could cause such a behaviour? A pump sensor if there's such a thing? Is there an EEPROM chip that needs a cold reset?

I felt like taking the washer to local appliance disposal centre and getting a new one, but it's only four years old and I don't fancy spending another £300 (esp after Xmas shopping...). Similarly I would not want to become regular at my local launderette.

Any advice is more than welcome.

Thank you in advance and Happy new trouble free 2013!

Taavi

Sponsored Links
I take the silence as no good ideas for resolving the problem and make my way to JL.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back