Whirlpool AWZ410 - Puzzling problem - Cycle not advancing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've done some reading about and some poking about the appliance but I'm still a little lost so any help appreciated with the following situation.

I did a few High temperature washes last week and returned to do a normal wash on Fri to find that the machine wouldn't start the cycle properly.

When I select a cycle on 1000 rpm spin the fill solenoid is operated intermittently in bursts of a half second or so and then ceases, there is no further movement.

I can manually advance the cycles and I hear what I believe to be the heating element working OK and it drains but there is no movement from the drum and it doesn't look like power is supplied to the motor. The brushes look fine, I've looked at the control module and motor which advances and both appear healthy (the motor runs OK and there is no visible damage inside the control module with all contacts engaging as you rotate it by hand).

Oddly enough I pushed the half speed spin button in last night and this resulted in the water fill solenoid opening properly and the machine appeared to advance through its cycle though it still refused to spin.

Unfortunately washing machines / washer dryers are not my strong poing and I would appreciate any pointers else I'll likely give up and either get someone out or get a new one.

Ta in advance

Sponsored Links
Sorted it - I traced wires and tested through trial and error and isolated the PCB as the likely cause of my fault. I was then lucky enough to find a post containing the part number of my PCB which outlined the same symptoms and confirmed that replacing the PCB solved the problem (albeit temporarily as another underlying issue re-fried that person's PCB).

In short I purchased a Diplomat 546021401 PCB module to replace my 546021401J PCB - I bought a reconditioned Unit from EMW electronics for under £50. Couldn't work out what the extra J implied and found sources online which indicated that the two were interchangeable, and that seems to be the case (a brief look over the circuitry failed to highlight any difference in components and I've done several washes without any issues).

I don't believe I have an underlying issue as the PCB showed no signs of being overloaded but I've yet to get down to my garages to test properly with my multimeter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back