Whirlpool dishwasher door.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Big bang from behind door. Think spring bust or fixing gone. I have spring on hand ..is this a major hassle to replace...any hints etc to prevent bleeding and four letter words....Dishwasher is built in but easy to come out.

Cara

Sponsored Links
Depends on the model.
Normaly it's the straps and brakes that break and the spring falls off.
Pull it out, disconnect from the mains, take the side panels off. Unless both have broken you'll be able to see the setup of the brakes, straps and springs.

Pull the plug before you work on any appliance.

Ok thanks very much for your help.The spring certainly looks too substantial to break...

Merry Xmas

Cara

Sponsored Links
Depends on the model.
Normaly it's the straps and brakes that break and the spring falls off.
Pull it out, disconnect from the mains, take the side panels off. Unless both have broken you'll be able to see the setup of the brakes, straps and springs.

Pull the plug before you work on any appliance.

Hi tired - I've had something similar happen, followed your advice as above and found one of the straps has snapped and the door is loose on that same side. There's also a while load of white plastic (on both sides as it happens) broken too, and on the other side it seems the door wants to open a shade further than it should.
Would I be correct in thinking that another name for strap is lever brake, and that the white plastic is aka a door brake? Given that, I assume a new door brake just clips in from below and then the lever brake then runs over it and connects between the spring and the catch on the door hinge? Is the above easy-ish to do and is there a left and right door brake or does the same fit both sides? Would doing all this stop the door from over-opening to the left, and correct the looseness to the right?
Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back