WHIRLPOOL DISHWASHER MODEL 416 3 YRS OLD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some help my dishwasher stopped working, it shows a sequence of 7 flashing lights which indicates a fill problem, have checked the filter in the bottom of the bowl it seems ok, there is about 1 inch of water in it any other thougts as to what might be the problem or what I should check, thanks for any replies Chris

Sponsored Links
Check the pressure switch in the sump isn't clogged.
Failing that, take the left side panel off, at the bottom of the fill matrix is a two wire plug. Pull it off, plug it back on and try again.

High sleepyhead, thanks for your help to date, am still struggling with this dish washer, I am sure I damaged the membrane behind the black filter cover when cleaning it, will I have to replace the pressure switch and does it come as a complete unit, if so any ideas where I might get one, thanks chris

Local repair shop should be able to get one for you. Access is from the bottom, remove the cover below the door. It's a twist fit, bit awkward to get it past the heater though.

Sponsored Links
Hi sleepyhead, have replaced the diaphragm filter in the bottom of the bowl, turned it all on again and tried it, it started to fill then beeped and emptied and reverted back to 7 flashing lights, do you know what else it might be or what else I could try, regards Chris

7 flashes is a fill problem.
As there is water getting in that eliminates the fill valve.
There are only 3 other parts used in the fill process, the flowmeter, the pressure switch and the main pcb.
Take the left side off and at the bottom of the fill matrix you'll see a plug, pull the plug off and plug it on again. Try the machine again.

Thanks for that, it seems to have solved the problem its now gone through a full cycle properly, very appreciative of your help, regards chris

Hello sleepyhead, I thought my problem was solved but no such luck, yesterday it went through the 65 deg wash after I had taken the side panel off and unplugged it and put it back, today loaded it up put it on the 65 deg wash and all it did was fill and thenbeep and emptied 7 flashing ligthts again, tried it on the 70 deg wash went to nearly the end of the cycle about 90 mins, then started beeping again and emptied again 7 flahing lights, plates were hot, any more thought would be appreciated regards chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back