Whirlpool dishwasher sprayers not spraying...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Dishwasher has stopped spraying water out of the sprayers. When I turn it on it seems to be starting up and the bottom fills with water.

But then that is as far as it goes, it still sounds like it is trying to run but the water does not spray out.

If I end the circle the water drains out normally.

There are no flashing lights for errors.

Any idea?

I thought it might be the pump but then would it drain the water out after? Are there two pumps?

Or the inlet valve? Would it let water into the bottom if this was faulty?

Thanks

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbi...yers-not-spraying-water.327768/#ixzz1yBCMdBm4

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There are at least 15 different versions of this model, without a service number I can't help you.
The service number is on a sticker on the door lip, it has 12 digits & starts with 85. Want me to come find it for you...?

There are at least 15 different versions of this model, without a service number I can't help you.
The service number is on a sticker on the door lip, it has 12 digits & starts with 85. Want me to come find it for you...?

Friendly people on here. You dont have to patronise people because of their lack of knowledge in an area which is quite unique.

The reason I am on here is because I know very little about the product. There is no indication on the machine that the 85...number is a model number.

Number is 8511 644 15849

I hope that helps.

Some of the other suggestions say that there could be something trapped in the fan of the pump on our threads. Which part do I check for this.

This is a picture of the bottom of the dishwasher

Looks like there might be two pumps there, one for waste, one for spraying water through the arms... might be wrong, but I think that pump might be knackered

We will try to help you but we need good information to do it! The Whirlpool model number you quoted (which seems to have been mysteriously edited now) identifies a series. The service number identifies the exact machine in a series. But I suppose you couldn't know, that's why I asked for both.
Although the photo doesn't show the complete circulation pump (top RH side) it looks like an Askoll type (this machine can be fitted with 2 different circulation pumps). Unfortunately the Askoll types are prone to problems (the impellor has a habit of falling off or into bits). Before removing the pump to see if it is just jammed or damaged check that the dual bore feed pipe to the spray arms hasn't popped out of its receptacle in the base. This is also a very common issue on these machines. With the pipe out of its socket the pump will run but loose all water pressure to the spray arms. The drain pump (lower LH side in the photo) is ok, you don't need to look at that.

We will try to help you but we need good information to do it! The Whirlpool model number you quoted (which seems to have been mysteriously edited now) identifies a series. The service number identifies the exact machine in a series. But I suppose you couldn't know, that's why I asked for both.
Although the photo doesn't show the complete circulation pump (top RH side) it looks like an Askoll type (this machine can be fitted with 2 different circulation pumps). Unfortunately the Askoll types are prone to problems (the impellor has a habit of falling off or into bits). Before removing the pump to see if it is just jammed or damaged check that the dual bore feed pipe to the spray arms hasn't popped out of its receptacle in the base. This is also a very common issue on these machines. With the pipe out of its socket the pump will run but loose all water pressure to the spray arms. The drain pump (lower LH side in the photo) is ok, you don't need to look at that.

Ok Thanks I will give that a try. I the mystery of the changing model number was that I posted at work as I was on nights and I had to go by a picture for the number. So I edited it when I got your information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back