Whirlpool G2PDWI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It runs for about 10 seconds then stops. I've ran the diagnostic test by shutting off power, pressing and holding the start button and turning power back on and holding till it flashes, release buttons then press start button, it beeps and then I close the door. The machine makes a noise as if it's heating up or some water is entering then it stops, the start button flashes continuously. It was stinking but I've cleaned it with vinegar and that sorted the smell. It's built in and about 5 years old. It's already been repaired when it was about 15 months old. Any ideas before I give up and buy a new, table top one for £125.

Sponsored Links
The drain pump "may" need replacing, but first you should check the obvious.
Check; the filter is clean, the pump impellor isn't jammed by a piece of glass etc, the waste hose is clear, sink spigot isn't blocked, & the pressure switch in the sump isn't stuck on full. If all the above is good & you have voltage to the pump then change it.
There are plenty of posts on this fault, use the search facility & type in F4. 4 flashes etc. You will find plenty of good advice.

The drain pump "may" need replacing, but first you should check the obvious.
Check; the filter is clean, the pump impellor isn't jammed by a piece of glass etc, the waste hose is clear, sink spigot isn't blocked, & the pressure switch in the sump isn't stuck on full. If all the above is good & you have voltage to the pump then change it.
There are plenty of posts on this fault, use the search facility & type in F4. 4 flashes etc. You will find plenty of good advice.

filter is clean, can't see anything jamming the impellor, it just won't move, waste hose is clear as far as I can tell, sink spigot is free, pressure switch don't know,...think I'm just going to order up a pump and change it. It gets so far with the diagnostics then stops and flashes in sequences of 4, I tried to run it today and it just started beeping as well as flashing in sequences of 4.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back