whirlpool flashing light code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just joined this site, I have a Whirlpool ADP 4500 dish washer. When I press the start button the machine starts, the water fills, it starts washing for about 10 sec then it stops washing, pumps out the water then stops complelely. the LED beside the start button flashes 9 times pauses then 9 times again this continues. Any body have any idea what the 9 flashes mean what fault it represents?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
9 flashes means that your dishwasher is filling too much water. It can be caused by a jammed inlet valve or a defective PCB (triac shorted).

Mine does the same thing, just keep restarting and it eventually runs ok, sometimes also get 8 or 7 or 6 flashing lights but always runs eventually.

Sponsored Links
Great solution....When you run out of buttons to press just buy a new one :rolleyes:

hi all again just getting to that dishwasher now. The water inlet solinide valve was open permantly I removed it put 220v to check if it was N/O but no change so I went to the local Hardware and pulled one off a bosch washer more or less same 220v it runs now no more 9 flashing lights but after about 20 mins of washing now it stops and start light flashes twice, so I took the complete machine apart only took 20mins its now in all its parts on the floor, both pumps seem fine no blockages, there was a micro switch connected to a diaghram in the bottom of the machine, what is this for? it was clogged with fat looks like the switch might have been made all the time? There was also a round sensor sticking up in the bottom too, about 8mm dia and about 30mm high is this some kind of water sensor? Can I check its function with a multimetre? gonna put it back together in the morning after this its for the scrap!

Inlet valves are failsafe closed, so obviously yours went awol. Not quite sure what you mean about the rest? 2 flashes signal a leakage on the baseplate & the anti-flood device has kicked in (or the micro-switch is jammed). There is also pressure sensor in the sump (a black device with a grill over it). Is this what was clogged with fat etc?

well its all back together. I ran it same again 2 flashing lights so I checked the main wash pump, 220v going to it but not running so took it out ran it on the bench for a min refitted it and away the washer went, after running throught its 4 programmes no prob. Man I'm still no wiser to the 2 lights flashing. Is the flood protection a styrafoam float to protect against leaks?? This machine hasn't got one but suppose its working anyway thats the main thing. Thanks for your help much appreciated.

If you have two flashes on the start LED this all sounds very strange. If you get water on the basplate the antiflood device should kick in (the poly float you looked at). The program should halt, inlet valve closes, & drain pump fires up until the machine is empty. You must have gremlins in the dishwasher....maybe you call them "little people" :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back