Whirlpool Hob ingition switch stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

The ignition switch has suddenly stopped working on by hob and I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice.

It's not had any abuse or had anything spilled on it, it's just stopped sparking. It still presses down and springs back up ok. I've managed to remove the switch and there's no discolouration or arcing on the contacts. I've metered the contacts and there's zero on AC and DC so I'm assuming there's a problem further back in the line.

The answer I need to know is do I need to lift the whole hob out of the worktop to get to the ignition source? If so, I think I'll just stick with the gun-style lighter to light the burners.

This is a similar hob...I don't know the model number unfortunately.

AKM_260_IX_857126015530_320x320.png

And THIS is the switch.

Many thanks,
Glen

Sponsored Links
If it's mains powered, my first check is to remove all the half-finished jars of marmalade, sandwich toasters, saucepans, frying pans, tins of beans and other sundry kitchen gadgets crammed into the cupboard housing the socket the hob is plugged into, until you find whatever it was that's leaning against the socket switch.... Don't ask how I found that one out!...... :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back