whirlpool tumble dryer no heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a whirlpool tumble dryer about 8 years old ,the drum spins but no heat coming out, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
probably thermostats, possibly element. check both with a multi meter on resistance scale.( & remove any build up of fluff in vent system)

found two stats at back of dryer when i test between the terminals should there be a low ohm reading on stat. also i have been reading about you can reset stats by pushing a button can't find a button to press on these two stats. tested across element this is ok

some stats you can reset by thowing them on the floor til the metal disc pops out ,link the stat out or 5 mins see if it works if ok you need a new stat,do not link out permantly.

Sponsored Links
Found one of stats open circuit by passed it and the heat came back. Where can i buy a new stat it is a WHIRLPOOL AWZ121

no that is not the part, i have found the part i want but you have to buy the whole element because the 2 stats are attached to it. there must be somewhere i can just by the stat, please help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back