whirlpool washing machine not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
My whirlpool awm 5145/5 will go through a cycle but not spin. The drum is still full of water so I think the problem is the pump is not coming on to drain the drum. The pipes are clear and the pump is ok any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Either the pump has failed (burnt out) or it has jammed. I have before now found a hair tie wrapped around the pump impellor, jamming it solid. Once the pump operates and empties the water, the controllot will get a signal to move to the nect stage in the program cycle.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did say the pump was ok and the pipes were clear so the fault must be some where else.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, must have been half asleep when I responded. Next thing I would check is the condition of the motor brushes. (assumes I am not still half asleep)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back