whirlpool washer not filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I have a whirlpool awm 8103-6k washing machine that has just packed in.
It will not fill up not hot or cold,I have checked the pressure switch which I assume is level control, checked pump and filter, drum rotates. my better half said the last wash it did it didnt take the softener, has anyone had/seen or hopfully fixed this problem?
many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
hi just thought i would let you know what i have found, after carrying out some checks i concluded that it must be the programmer, so i have opened it up and there are two components on the board one of which a transistor has been blown apart, and a chip covered in smoke/soot
now to try to get a prog. or scrap it!!
many thanks for looking

Sponsored Links
many thanks! found one on ebay replace it and all working fine ( on the first wash ) just wondering what caused it to fail in the first place.
Poor design really, apart from the incoming supply nothing else is fused, not the main motor the pump the control circuit, not even the heater element.
thanks again,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back