whistling boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ideal classic ff250 boiler which more often than not makes a whistling noise, I have taken the boiler cover off and the noise goes away , put the cover back on and the noise is back . any ideas noise is driving me mad thanks

Sponsored Links
Is this just the white outer cover that you have removed?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thats what I thought but I was surprised that Afterburner did not point out that basic safety point.

Forum rules and common sense do not permit giving advice to do gas related work on an open forum.

He needs to get a competent boiler engineer particularly as it sounds like a leaking cover seal.

Tony

Thats what I thought but I was surprised that Afterburner did not point out that basic safety point.

Forum rules and common sense do not permit giving advice to do gas related work on an open forum.

He needs to get a competent boiler engineer particularly as it sounds like a leaking cover seal.

Tony

why didnt you point it out then?

Cheers afterburn
You were right perished seals, had them replaced today , many thanks

I am glad its sorted.

I hope "had it replaced" means by a registered engineer!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back