Whistling pipes in airing cupboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently a whistling sound has started up when a hot water tap is turned on. it commences after 30 seconds or so, the same when someone has a shower (and uses hot water). It resonates around the house but sounds like it comes from the pipes in the airing cupboard. Any ideas? Thanks and regards - Adrian

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You guys are great. This is definitely the cause of the noise. I have ordered the part and will pick up tomorrow - looks simple enough to replace. Maybe a daft question but I'll need to turn off the water supply to the tank. Where is this most likely to be located? Actually on the feeder pipe itself or elsewhere in the house? Thanks again, Adrian.

There could possibly be an isolator on the cold supply pipe near the tank. If not then the main stop cock will do the job.

Pete / Andy - thanks again. I'm all tooled up and ready to replace it. Just need to find a bit of time later today. Thanks again for your advice and direction.

Adrian

Job done - whistling stopped!!! This is what the internet was invented for... Thanks again - Adrian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back