white and grey jg speedfit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have seen this new grey speedfit is much more flexible than the white stuff, slighty more expensive but the fitting also in grey seem to be the same cost. As jg are not open to day for answers does anyone know if there is any difference between the fittins and could i start using grey pipe with the white fittins. I've done about half my house in the white stuff and it is pritty solid, also when pushed into fittings the strain of it is getting me a little worried, even after a few weeks it doesn't seem to bend straight it stays under strain unless the pipe gets fairly hot water in it. Should i worry or will it be OK? and is grey and white ok to mix, any difference between the 2 fittings. cheers Steve

Sponsored Links
ok JG have not replyed ill post back what they say if they bother too.

Yes its fine to mix the new grey with the white stuff. The white pipe is very stiff and thats normal, it can be straightened up before install just by bending it back (if it came coiled) or you can buy straight lengths of it in 3 and 6 meters iirc.

It can sometimes be hard to push the pipe in JG but you can usually hear it "pop" as it hits home. Try pulling it back out and if you can't the water won't either.

Sponsored Links
ok JG still have not replied to my email. i did notice they actually do a bending spring for the pipe so i guess bending it with hands is ok as long as it don;t kink. cheers

DEAR STEVE
BOTH FITTINGS CAN BE MIXED. IE JG WHITE BARRIER PIPE CAN BE USED WITH GREY FITTING VICE VERSA. ALSO SPEEDFIT CAN BE USED WITH COPPER IF THATS ANYMORE HELP.
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back